Interview with Joydeep Sarkar from EffiaSoft
YEF – Tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
Joydeep – I am Joydeep, a true techie from my heart and soul, and I take care of anything related to technology at EffiaSoft be it the EffiaSoft flagship Rapid Development Framework or the unique cloud compositions or mobile platform. My passion is to crack technical challenges and converting technology into reality. I am a B.Tech graduate and have served in various technologies at Mahindra Satyam in my past assignments. Apart from technology, I love sports and music.
YEF – Why an entrepreneur, why not a high paying job?
Joydeep – Well, you can say it was my passion to build something world class from scratch that led to this direction. I was always interested to know the entire life cycle of any process be it building a successful multibillion dollar organization or a world class software product. Also I don’t believe that being an entrepreneur doesn’t mean that you cannot get a high remuneration, yea it will be extremely difficult to be in that scenario, you will have to establish you start-up, start earning good revenue , ensure the growth and scale up of your company.. But this is what being an entrepreneur and building a start-up is all about.
YEF – What inspired you to start your own businesses?
Joydeep – I would say the credibility and belief in our idea inspired and led us towards starting our own business and solve the problem of ERP for SME.
YEF – What is your company into and what problem does it solve?
Joydeep – EffiaSoft was founded in November 2012 with the vision to change the perception about ERP. We provide comprehensive and self-customizable ERP to SMEs’ on Cloud and Mobile platform as service (SaaS) with zero upfront investment.
We are trying to change the perception about ERP, which is
E – Expensive
R – Resource intensive
P – Parlous
Firstly, our innovative technology and framework enables the solution to have self-customization and rapid development, hence reducing the cost and time of ERP implementation. Along with this our templatized business process management (BPM) enable end-users to configure the system as per their current business process without changing the whole organization structure. It works as simple as just plug-and-play by the business users itself without depending upon third party ERP implementer or the vendor.
Secondly, organizations do not need to invest on infrastructure and servers, no need to have in-house IT resources. Our cloud platform will enable them to scale up or scale down the number of users as and when required with high level of security and automated data backup.
Third, more interesting part is that organization does not need to pay anything till the time they go-live with our system. The whole process is
- Organization registers to have our cloud ERP environment setup for them.
- Start the self-implementation and customization with our support for three months.
- Go-live and monthly billing will start from that day.
Lastly, we are recognized by industry leaders like Microsoft, IBM and NASSCOM.
YEF – How did the idea for your company come about?
Joydeep – The idea came about while I was working in my previous company and some of my close friends were having a casual discussion. I don’t remember how we end up discussing about ERP for SME, but what we realized was that there were no ERP for SME even though there are about 7.8 million SMEs only in India. These companies were still depending on paperwork and some unrelated tools to carry on their business and we thought what if we could change this.
YEF – What is the pricing strategy and marketing strategy you have been using?
Joydeep – Pricing Strategy:
Free onboarding à One month for three users free for implementation à starts billing from Go-live date
- End-to-end ERP product subscription per user per month basis, billed bi-yearly or yearly.
- Choice of any one product (Customer Relationship, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Planning, Finance or Human Resource management, Retail) subscription per user per month basis, billed bi-yearly or yearly.
- On – premise:
- One time licensing fees.
- AMC & support
- Value added services for customization, implementation, additional training and premium support.
- Re-seller partnership network
- Digital marketing
- Content marketing
- Networking & Cold calls
- Cloud market places
- Partnership with SME and B2B platforms
- Integration with other cloud service providers
- Touch base physical marketing.
YEF – How’s the business going on and who are your key clients?
Joydeep – Some of our key clients:
- Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement, Cyprus
- Waypoint(Independent Ship Agents) Port Services, Argentina
- Poncho Hospitality Private Limited (Box8), India
- Force Fitness 24×7 (Snap Fitness), India
- Chinar Forge Limited, India
- Maxcom Africa, Tanzania
- The Cloud Enabled, India
- SVL Rice, India
- Village Kitchen Hospitality Private Limited, India
- Bagla Charan Kundu, India
YEF – What do you think are the most important factors that will make your company a success?
- Zero upfront investment – pay only when you go-live with your environment on our cloud. One month free for implementation.
- Self-customization – add, remove, configure UI elements and reports as per your needs. No programming skills required
- Go-Live in 30 days – Quick implementation by business user itself using template based business process mapping and easy tools for data migration/upload.
- Integrated and end-to-end – be it Customer Relationship, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Planning, Finance or Human Resource management, all under single integrated platform for better and faster decision making on real-time.
- Hybrid Integration – Provision to integrate mission critical/specialized on-premise application with EffiaERP Cloud.
- Mobile app for real-time dashboard, notification and quick actions.
- Integrated business intelligence & custom reporting.
- Choice of language, simplified UI & personalization by users.
YEF – Who are your role models?
Joydeep – Well, I am a big fan of Sachin Tendulkar for the way he has shaped his life, game and career, and I do take inspiration from him. Apart from that my parents have always inspired and guided me and has been a driving force behind all my successes.
YEF – What words of advice would you give to other young entrepreneurs?
Joydeep – I think here I should quote from Nasscom Product Conclave which I believe all entrepreneurs should do.
“Life is short, Start-Up!!”
YEF – What do you think about this initiative of Young Entreprennovators Forum?
Joydeep – It is a great platform for connecting young entreprenures and sharing their journey and success stories a lot can be shared and learnt over the platform.
Visit Company Website: Effiasoft